At times, while trying to install Google Chrome, you might encounter the Webroot “installation 103” error. It occurs when a missing Windows component named “expand.exe” stops Chrome from installing properly. To fix this error, you first need to look out for “expand.exe” and then change your temporary folder’s location. In this article you can find instructions for resolving this error in Google Chrome.
Tech support instructions
To resolve Google Chrome errors with regard to “installation 103”, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below. Remember that you need to have administrative rights for successfully completing the instructions given below.
- Start off with this procedure by clicking the Windows “Start” button located on your desktop.
- Type “Expand.exe” in the start menu search bar.
- Right click on the file in the search result and select the option which says “Copy” from the given menu.
- Double click on the icon titled “Computer” or “My Computer” located on your desktop.
- Double click on your main hard drive which in most cases will be indicated by the letter “C”.
- Double click on the folder titled “Windows”.
- Double click on the folder titled “System32”.
- Right click on any vacant area in the system32 folder and select the option labeled “Paste”.
- Try re-installing Google Chrome; if you are still facing the same problem, go ahead with the next step.
- Click on Windows “Start” button once again. This time, type “Run” in the start menu search box and hit the “Enter” key. This will open up the run dialog box.
- Enter “C:\” without quotations and hit the “Ok” button.
- Click on “File” from the main menu.
- Point towards “New” and select “Folder” from the given menu. Name the folder as “Test”.
- Now go back to the run dialog window.
- Type “cmd.exe” without quotations and hit the “Ok” button. This will open up the command prompt of your computer.
- Type “set TMP=C:\test” in the command prompt without quotations and hit the “Enter” key.
- After that enter “startChromeSetup.exe” and hit the enter button for installing Google Chrome on your computer.
That’s all with the instructions for dealing with “installation 103” error in Google Chrome. Have a nice day!